19 Nisan 2010 Pazartesi

the engineer and the manager

A man flying in a hot air balloon realised he was lost. He strated to come down until he could see a man on the ground who might hear him. 'Excuse me,' he shouted. 'Can you help me? I promised my friend I would meet him a half hour ago, but I don't know where I am, or where I am going.'
The man below responded: 'Yes. You are in a hot air balloon, approximately 30 feet above this field. You are between 40 and 42 degrees North Latitude, and between 58 and 60 degrees West Longitude.'
'You must be an engineer,' responded the balloonist. 'I am,' the man replied. 'How did you know?' 'Well,' said the balloonist, 'everything you have told me is technically correct, but I have no idea what to do with this information, and the fact is I am still lost.'
Whereupon the man on the ground responded,'You must be a manager.' 'I am,' replied the balloonist, 'but how did you know?' 'Well,' said the man, 'you don't know where you are, or where you're going.You've made a promise which you can't keep, and you expect me to solve your problem. The fact is you are in the exact same position you were before we met, but now it's my fault.'

*Bugünde köşemizde biraz İngilizce dersi verelim istedim. Anlayanlar anlamayanlara anlatsın. Zira benim Türkçe'ye çevirecek halim yok. Ama hikayenin özü patron yapar, iyiyse patrondan kötüyse çalışandan.

1 yorum:

nalan dedi ki...

:)
valla miyendiz doğru diyo.